When you hear the word “quarantine”, you may imagine a slower lifestyle and think of a long list of things that you are not allowed to do these days. Nevertheless, you should think of certain opportunities that you can do while you are at home.
There are a lot of things that you can do instead. Make use of your downtime to be productive, learn something new, read that book you have been meaning to start, pamper yourself and reconnect with family doing the things that bring you happiness.
We at Advantage Design + Remodel support the fight against this health crisis that we are facing nowadays. We are still doing simple home remodeling projects and rest assured that our team strictly observes the rules on wearing the masks, social distancing, and easy sanitation processes.
Here are some small, easy improvement projects to make while you’re at home:
- Add a kitchen island if your kitchen doesn’t have one yet. The kitchen island is a smart element in any kitchen design. Always keep in mind to allow for at least 36-48 inches between the perimeter of the island and the surrounding cabinets so there’s enough room for people to move around.
- Upgrade your kitchen backsplash tiles as it is helpful in terms of cleanliness.
- Upgrade your kitchen cabinet knobs or drawer handles if those look boring and old fashioned.
- Repaint the kitchen wall or kitchen cabinets that would give a new impression and high impact of change.
- Change your bathroom vanity or freestanding bathtub if these look outdated.
- Add a closet space that can also serve as a storage space for your clothing and other stuff. This would help you declutter and organize your things.
- Install a bathroom bench that would serve its purpose to provide convenience and keep you safe whenever you are taking a shower.
- Install radiant bathroom heated floors that would offer a lot of advantages on your part.
- Upgrade your bathroom lighting fixtures and fittings.
Outdoor Living Space
- Add a pergola that will serve as a hang out place for everyone in the family whenever you feel bored inside the house.
- Upgrade the tables and chairs and barbecue griller on the patio where you can eat outdoors with the whole family will be perfect to enjoy this slower lifestyle.
These are several small home remodeling projects that you can still do even if we are facing this pandemic. Advantage Design + Remodel offers virtual consultation whenever you have questions or queries about your simple home remodeling projects. You may also read our previous blog on Multi-Generational and Universal Home Designs.
Are you ready for a simplified home remodeling project?
Click the link below for your virtual consultation with us today.